PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP)—Monique Oliver scored 13 points and Rutgers held No. 21 Miami to its worst shooting performance of the season, beating the Hurricane’s 42-34 Sunday in a nonconference game.
Oliver made 6 of 9 shots and Chelsey Lee grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights, who held Miami to 19.1 percent (9 of 47) from the field.
Rutgers (7-3) shot 27.3 percent (6 of 22) in the first half while Miami (7-2) hit just 4 of 22 shots during the frame as the Scarlet Knights entered intermission with a 16-15 advantage. It was the lowest first-half point total for both teams this season.
Rutgers scored the first six points of the second half to take a 22-15 lead, and would not lead by less than eight the rest of the way.
The Scarlet Knights have held their last four opponents to a combined 27.5 percent (55 of 200) shooting.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49