Washington State tops No. 20 Ohio St. women 62-55Saturday, Dec 15, 2012
Washington State (3-5) led 28-23 at halftime. Ohio State came back to lead 36-32, but the Cougars’ defense forced three straight turnovers. Taylor Edmondson’s 3-pointer put the Cougars ahead to stay at 40-37.
Ohio State (6-3) had a good look at a potential tying 3-point shot with 33 seconds to play, but missed on two chances and were forced to foul. Galdeira hit all four of her free throws to clinch it.
Washington State scored 16 points of 21 Ohio State turnovers. Ohio State went 1 for 17 from behind the 3-point line.
Taylor Hill had 14 points for Ohio State, but missed all nine tries from behind the arc. Ashley Adams had 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Amber Stokes scored 12 for the Buckeyes.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37