No. 19 North Carolina women beat NC Central 49-21Wednesday, Dec 12, 2012
Danielle Butts added 10 points and eight rebounds for the Tar Heels (9-1), who have won two straight since a lopsided loss at Tennessee.
UNC tied the program records for fewest points in a win and fewest points allowed in a game. It was also the lowest-scoring game in program history.
North Carolina won despite shooting 27 percent (17 of 62). But the Eagles (0-11) were even worse against a team ranked 23rd nationally in field-goal percentage defense.
N.C. Central missed 17 of 19 shots in the first half and trailed 21-6 at the break. The Eagles made just five shots after halftime and finished at 16 percent (7 of 43) for the game.
Tisha Dixon had eight points and 12 rebounds to lead N.C. Central.
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61