Cokie Reed had 14 points and Imani McGee-Stafford had 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Longhorns (6-1). Empress Davenport also scored 11 points.
The Longhorns played their first game since losing to No. 14 UCLA 62-42 on Saturday in Houston. Texas led Louisiana-Monroe 35-21 at the break and opened up a 59-31 lead midway through the second half.
Tyler Holley led the Warhawks (2-7) with a career-high 14 points. Alexar Tugler scored 10 points for Louisiana-Monroe, which shot 25 percent from the field.
It was the first meeting between the teams since 1990.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25