MARTIN, Tenn. (AP)—Sam Ostarello scored 14 of her 16 points in the second half and Taylor Manuel also scored 16 as No. 15 Purdue overcame a challenge from Tennessee-Martin to win 68-60 Sunday after trailing at halftime.
The Boilermakers (9-1) opened the second half with a 15-0 run, including nine points by Ostarello, to lead 40-29.
Purdue shot 53.8 percent (14 of 26) in the second half to 26.7 percent (8 of 30) for the Skyhawks (4-7) and out-rebounded them 24-11.
Consecutive 3-pointers by Katie Schubert and Heather Butler gave the Skyhawks a 17-16 lead with 7:48 left in the first half. The lead reached seven points, 27-20, after 3-pointers by Jasmine Newsome and Schubert.
Ostarello and Drey Mingo each grabbed 10 rebounds for Purdue, with Mingo also scoring 11 points. KK Houser had eight assists.
Butler scored 28 points and Newsome 21 for Tennessee-Martin, which lost 65-39 at Purdue last season.
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71