Chelsea Poppens, back after missing three games with a concussion, had 12 points and nine rebounds for the Cyclones (6-1). Brynn Williamson scored 12 points, all on 3-pointers, and Nikki Moody had 10 assists and seven rebounds. Iowa State, which never trailed and led by as many as 24 points, bounced back from a 50-42 loss at Iowa on Thursday.
Katie Cizynski scored 13 points to lead Fairfield (5-3). The Stags shot just 32 percent from the field and were outrebounded 43-27.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25