DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Cassie Sant scored 19 points, grabbed five boards and had four assists as No. 19 Dayton women defeated Michigan State 60-53 Saturday, snapping an eight-game winning streak for the Spartans.
Andrea Hoover (10 rebounds) and Ally Malott scored 12 points apiece for Dayton.
Dayton (10-0) missed 13 of its first 18 shots as Michigan State (8-1) opened up a 22-10 lead with 8:17 left in the first half. But Sant hit a 3-pointer, sparking a 22-7 run over an 11-minute span that gave the Flyers a 32-29 lead 3 minutes into the second half. Sant, who had 11 points during the spurt, capped the run with a jumper.
The Flyers, who did not shoot a free throw in the first half, hit 10 of 12 attempts from the stripe in the second half.
Becca Mills’ 18 points led Michigan State, but the Spartans made just 19 of 64 shots.
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State