DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Cassie Sant scored 19 points, grabbed five boards and had four assists as No. 19 Dayton women defeated Michigan State 60-53 Saturday, snapping an eight-game winning streak for the Spartans.
Andrea Hoover (10 rebounds) and Ally Malott scored 12 points apiece for Dayton.
Dayton (10-0) missed 13 of its first 18 shots as Michigan State (8-1) opened up a 22-10 lead with 8:17 left in the first half. But Sant hit a 3-pointer, sparking a 22-7 run over an 11-minute span that gave the Flyers a 32-29 lead 3 minutes into the second half. Sant, who had 11 points during the spurt, capped the run with a jumper.
The Flyers, who did not shoot a free throw in the first half, hit 10 of 12 attempts from the stripe in the second half.
Becca Mills’ 18 points led Michigan State, but the Spartans made just 19 of 64 shots.
- Baylor-Kentucky instant classic for women's game
- No. 24 Gonzaga routs Portland State 96-47
- Top-ranked UConn routs UC Davis 97-37
- Jones leads No. 2 Duke women past No. 16 Purdue
- No. 11 Colorado slips past Wyoming 63-59 on road
- No. 20 Iowa St. has no problem with N. Iowa 83-55
- No. 8 Maryland women beat Ohio State 67-55
- No. 7 Cardinals G Slaughter remains hospitalized
- O'Neill, UK women top Baylor 133-130 in 4 OTs
- No. 7 Louisville women lose G Slaughter for season
- No. 25 Iowa beats No. 22 Syracuse 97-91
- Massengale off to fast start for No. 3 Lady Vols
- Achonwa leads No. 4 Irish women past No. 10 PSU
- Balance lifts No. 17 Oklahoma by W. Illinois 97-80
- No. 18 UNC topples No. 15 Nebraska 75-62
- Louisville's Slaughter having tests at hospital