DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Cassie Sant scored 19 points, grabbed five boards and had four assists as No. 19 Dayton women defeated Michigan State 60-53 Saturday, snapping an eight-game winning streak for the Spartans.
Andrea Hoover (10 rebounds) and Ally Malott scored 12 points apiece for Dayton.
Dayton (10-0) missed 13 of its first 18 shots as Michigan State (8-1) opened up a 22-10 lead with 8:17 left in the first half. But Sant hit a 3-pointer, sparking a 22-7 run over an 11-minute span that gave the Flyers a 32-29 lead 3 minutes into the second half. Sant, who had 11 points during the spurt, capped the run with a jumper.
The Flyers, who did not shoot a free throw in the first half, hit 10 of 12 attempts from the stripe in the second half.
Becca Mills’ 18 points led Michigan State, but the Spartans made just 19 of 64 shots.
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62