Iowa women beat No. 22 Iowa State 50-42By LUKE MEREDITH, AP Sports Writer Thursday, Dec 6, 2012
Theairra Taylor and Dixon each scored 11 points for the Hawkeyes (7-3), who beat the rival Cyclones (5-1) for the fifth time in six tries at home.
Dixon broke a 39 tie with a 3 with 3:39 left, then hit a key layup with 1:26 to go to make it 47-42 Iowa State.
Iowa scored the game’s first 14 points. But Iowa State tied it at 23 early in the second half and answered a 13-2 run by Iowa with 11 straight points, making it 39-39 with 3:58 left.
Nikki Moody had 12 to lead Iowa State, which played its third consecutive game without senior star Chelsea Poppens. She’s still recovering from a concussion.
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57