FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP)—Quistelle Williams scored 15 points, Keira Peak tallied a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds and Arkansas handed No. 17 Kansas its first loss of the season Thursday night 64-56.
Arkansas (8-1) had two other players in double figures scoring with Sarah Watkins knocking down 7-of-10 shots for 14 points to go along with her five rebounds and Calli Berna was 6 of 8 from the free-throw line, scoring 11 points while adding seven assists and four steals.
The Razorbacks were 14 of 21 from the free-throw line compared to Kansas which was only 2 of 3. The 17th ranked Jayhawks (7-1) made 10 3-pointers but shot only 37.3 percent from the field and were out-rebounded by Arkansas 47 to 31.
Angel Goodrich scored 21 points on 8-of-19 shooting from the field including five 3-pointers and had six assists and four steals to lead Kansas.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25