CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP)—Waltiea Rolle scored 24 points and Xylina McDaniel had 16 to go with eight rebounds and the No. 21 North Carolina women defeated Radford 64-44 Wednesday in a nonconference contest.
Krista Gross, who ranks second in the Atlantic Coast Conference in rebounding, pulled down a career-high 17 for North Carolina, which bounced back from a 102-57 loss to No. 14 Tennessee on Sunday.
North Carolina (8-1) opened the game on an 11-2 run, and after Jordynn Gaymon’s jumper cut the deficit to 13-4, the Tar Heels scored the next eight points to lead 21-4 with 4:19 left in the first half.
They led 33-10 at the break and went up 46-23 in the second half behind a jumper from McDaniel.
North Carolina out-rebounded Radford 52-27 and improved to 144-13 in games in which it has won the rebounding battle dating to 2006.
Diani Mason led Radford (3-4) with 10 points.
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61