OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Marissa Janning provided the spark Creighton needed off the bench, leading the Bluejays with 19 points on 7-of-10 shooting including four 3-pointers to give Creighton the 66-57 victory over No. 25 Nebraska on Wednesday night.
Creighton (4-2) shot 56.3 percent from the field, making 27 of 48 including nine 3-pointers. McKenzie Fujan was the other Bluejay in double figures with 13 points.
The Bluejays, which earned their first victory over a ranked opponent since a 75-71 win over Illinois State in Feb. 2008, led 36-27 at the break and held off Nebraska in the second half after Lindsey Moore knocked down a 3-pointer for Nebraska with 12:49 to play to cut Creighton’s lead to three at 43-40. Creighton went on a 17-6 run over the next 8:36 capped by a Janning 3-pointer with 4:13 to play, giving the Bluejays a 60-48 lead.
Hailie Sample scored 20 points for Nebraska (6-3).
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT