CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Suriya McGuire scored a career-high 13 points and Stefanie Yderstrom added 10 to help No. 23 Miami rally and pull away from Alcorn State 68-53 Monday night in a nonconference game.
Alcorn State (0-6) raced out to an early 16-7 lead but Miami cut the deficit to 31-28 with 3:45 left in the first half. The Hurricanes outscored the Braves 8-1 over the final 3 minutes to take a 36-32 advantage into the break.
The Hurricanes (6-1) outscored Alcorn State 32-21 in the second half to pull away.
Carolinsia Crumbly led Alcorn State with 13 points but was one of three Braves’ players with over six turnovers.
The Hurricanes recorded 18 steals and outshot Alcorn State 45.9 percent (28 of 61) to 31.3 percent (20 of 64).
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal