No. 25 West Virginia women defeat Virginia 54-47Sunday, Dec 2, 2012
Caldwell’s jumper capped an 11-0 run by the Mountaineers (4-2) at the start of the half that erased a 26-23 halftime lead for the Cavaliers (5-2).
The junior guard added three 2-point baskets and a 3-pointer as West Virginia built a 43-30 lead with 11:39 remaining.
The Cavaliers cut that to three points, 48-45, after two free throws by Simone Egwu with 3:12 left. Caldwell responded with a 3-pointer and, after a layup by Egwu, added a layup with 35 seconds left for a 53-47 West Virginia lead.
Taylor Palmer added 11 points and Linda Stepney seven assists for West Virginia, which had lost its last two games.
Egwu scored 14 points and Ataira Franklin 12 for the Cavaliers.
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five