Chelsea Gardner, coming off a career-high 26-point performance against Grambling State, added 14 points off the bench for the Jayhawks (7-0). Davis and Gardner combined for 15 of the Jayhawks’ 26 field goals.
Rachel Banham had 19 points and was 8 of 16 from the floor for the Golden Gophers (6-3), including a 3-pointer with 10:59 to play that pulled Minnesota within 42-41. But Kansas responded with a 9-0 run and was never seriously threatened again.
Banham scored 12 of her points in a back-and-forth first half that saw Minnesota lead by seven early, but ended in a 30-30 tie.
Kansas won despite committing 17 turnovers, going 3 of 14 from 3-point range and missing 15 of its 25 free-throw attempts.
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54