LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Alyssa Thomas scored 25 points and Tianna Hawkins scored 21 to lead No. 11 Maryland to a 90-71 win over No. 21 Nebraska Wednesday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
Hawkins also grabbed 12 rebounds while Thomas had eight assists and six steals for the Terrapins (4-1). Laurin Mincy scored 16 points for Maryland.
Lindsey Moore led the Cornhuskers (5-2) with 17 points and five steals. Jordan Hooper scored 15 for Nebraska, which held its own on the boards. Maryland entered Wednesday with the largest rebounding margin in the country at plus-28, but barely edged the Huskers 41-40.
The Terrapins next play at No. 2 Connecticut on Monday.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47