Smith, No. 18 St. John’s women beat Hartford 66-54Sunday, Nov 25, 2012
Smith, who moved into ninth place all-time on St. John’s (4-1) career points list Wednesday against Iona, scored 21 points and pulled 11 boards for the Red Storm.
After a back-and-forth first half, Hartford (5-1) entered halftime trailing 26-24 before taking a 36-32 second-half lead behind a layup from Nikkia Smith.
St. John’s scored six-straight to go up 38-36 but Nikkia Smith made two free throws to tie the game at 38-all.
However, Hartford would never retake the lead, as St. John’s Smith tallied six-consecutive points and Keylantra Langley hit two free throws to put the Red Storm up for good.
Nikkia Smith led Hartford with 16 points off the bench.
St. John’s has won four straight games after opening the season with a loss to Texas.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25