No. 24 Dayton women beat Eastern Illinois 105-42Sunday, Nov 25, 2012
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Jodie Cornelie-Sigmundova was 9 of 9 from the field with a career-high 21 points to go with a pair of blocks as the No. 24 Dayton women rolled over Eastern Illinois 105-42 Sunday to win the Dayton Marriott Classic.
It was the first time Dayton (6-0) scored in triple digits since a 101-80 win over Harvard on Dec. 30, 2010. The 63-point margin of victory is the largest for Dayton since jumping to Division I.
Ally Malott added a double-double for the Flyers with 15 points and 13 rebounds, while Sam Mackay hit 6 of 8 shots en route to 14 points, six rebounds and five assists.
Dayton opened on a 9-2 run and led 56-21 by halftime. The Flyers hit 80 percent (24 of 30) from the field in the first half, including 6 of 7 from beyond the arc.
Sydney Mitchell led Eastern Illinois (2-3) with nine points.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra