No. 25 North Carolina women defeat La Salle 85-55Saturday, Nov 24, 2012
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP)—Waltiea Rolle got 15 points and 12 rebounds and No. 25 North Carolina scored the first 16 points of the second half on the way to an 85-55 rout of La Salle in a nonconference game Saturday.
Xylina McDaniel opened the second half with a jumper for the Tar Heels (5-0), who trailed 32-31 at halftime, then added a 3-pointer after a steal by Brittany Rountree. Krista Gross added a jumper and Rountree sank a 3-pointer for a 40-32 lead.
Rolle made a free throw, Tierra Ruffin-Pratt made two and Danielle Butts’ jumper made it 47-32. It was 51-36 North Carolina with 13:17 left, and the Explorers (1-4) never got closer than 12 points after that.
It was different in the first half, when La Salle led 25-13 before the Tar Heels rallied.
La Salle’s Shanel Harrison had 14 of her 18 points in the half.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28