DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Amber Deane had 14 points as the No. 24 Dayton women picked up a 68-44 victory over Buffalo Friday night in a nonconference showdown.
The Flyers are now 5-0, marking the team’s best start since beginning 6-0 in 1992-93.
Deane was 6-of-11 shooting and pulled down five rebounds. She was joined in double figures by two bench players, as Brittany Wilson had 13 points and Kelley Austria had 11. Austria also had a career-high seven steals, while Ally Malott had a team-high nine rebounds.
Rachael Gregory paced the Bulls (1-4) with 12 points and nine boards. Margeaux Gupilan added seven assists.
Dayton led 31-30 following Gregory’s jumper with 17:51 to play, then went on a 23-0 run, including six straight points from Jodie Cornelie—her only points of the game. Austria’s jumper with 6:45 left put Dayton up 54-30.
Buffalo shot 30.8 percent (16 of 52) from the field.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB