The Sooners (2-1) bounced back from an 86-80 home loss to UCLA on Wednesday by holding the Billikens (0-3) to 10 points in the first half, tying a school record for Oklahoma. Meanwhile the Sooners’ offense was clicking, with six different players contributing to the 19-point burst. Oklahoma led 40-10 at the break.
Saint Louis didn’t get on the board until Jacy Bradley hit a 3-pointer with 11:09 remaining in the first half.
Aaryn Ellenberg scored 13 points and Whitney Hand had 11 points, plus team highs with six rebounds, four assists and three steals, for the Sooners.
Bradley was the only Billikens player in double figures, with 11 points.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75