The win is the Flyers’ second over a ranked opponent this year after dropping then-No. 25 DePaul 92-80 on Nov. 10.
Dayton is 4-0 for the first time since 1992-93.
The Flyers led by as many as eight in the first half and went into halftime up 33-30. The Commodores’ Tiffany Clarke hit consecutive buckets to open the second half, vaulting Vanderbilt (3-1) ahead.
The advantage lasted about five minutes until a Hoover jumper sparked an 11-0 Dayton run that put the Flyers up 48-43. Vanderbilt forced a tie at 52-all with 8:17 left, but Hoover hit two free throws shortly thereafter and the Commodores never regained the lead.
Clarke scored a game-high 23 points for Vanderbilt.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49