Ashley Adams added 14 points, six blocked shots and four assists for the Buckeyes (2-1), who have won 23 consecutive home games, the longest active streak in the Big Ten.
Ohio State jumped out to a 14-2 lead in the first meeting between the two programs.
Ahead 31-20 with 3:43 left until the break, the Buckeyes closed out the half on a 12-0 run.
Ohio State, which has now hit at least one 3-pointer in 122 straight games, was 7 of 14 from long range compared to 4 of 16 for the Eagles (1-1).
The Buckeyes also had the advantage at the free-throw line, making 17 of 26 attempts while Winthrop was only 5 of 6.
Dequesha McClanahan and Diana Choibekova scored 12 apiece for the Eagles.
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 20 Northwestern women race away from W. Michigan 86-62