Lia Galdeira added 11 points, 13 rebounds, six assists and six steals for the Cougars (1-2), who lost their first two games in double overtime to Minnesota and overtime to South Dakota State. Galdeira scored a freshman school-record 33 points in the loss to Minnesota.
Alysha Womack led Monmouth (0-2) with 25 points. She hit 11 of 21 shots while the rest of her teammates were a combined 16 for 55 (29 percent).
The game was tied 50-50 when Hana Potter scored all nine of her points for Washington State with two 3-pointers and a three-point play. Brandi Thomas made it an 11-0 run with a jumper at the 7:16 mark to put the Cougars ahead 61-50.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71