The Commodores (3-0) shot 53.3 percent (16 of 30) in the second half to break open a game they led 23-18 at halftime. They shot just 34.6 percent (9 of 26) in the opening 20 minutes, including 0 for 6 on 3-pointers.
Foggie, the Southeastern Conference’s leading scorer last season, got 15 of her points, including a pair of 3-pointers, in the opening 9:26 of the second half, when Vanderbilt outscored the Blazers (2-1) to take a 51-27 lead. The Commodores outscored UAB 26-10 in the paint in the half.
Tiffany Clarke added 14 points for Vanderbilt and Kady Schrann had 11.
Amber Jones scored 15 points and Kelsie Weynand 14 to lead the Blazers, who were trying for their first 3-0 start since 1994-95.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37