Talia Caldwell also scored 14 for the Golden Bears (2-0), Brittany Boyd had 13, Layshia Clarendon 12 and Reshanda Gray 11. Cal shot 56 percent from the field and outrebounded St. Mary’s 43-27.
Jackie Nared scored 13 points to lead the Gaels (1-2), who have opened the season with three straight games vs. Pac-12 opponents—losses to Cal and Washington, with a win over Oregon. Saint Mary’s shot just 31 percent from the floor, made 1 of 11 3-pointers and was 10 of 20 from the free-throw line while also committing 24 turnovers.
The Golden Bears never trailed, jumping out to an 11-0 lead en route to a 53-21 halftime advantage.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25