Trailing most of the game, Delaware (1-2) fought back in the second half, and Lauren Carra’s jump shot with 11:38 to play tied the game at 33.
Delaware took the lead, 44-43, after Stephanie Leon’s jumper with 3:59 remaining, but Duquesne (2-1) answered.
April Robinson’s layup with 3:19 to play recaptured the lead for Duquesne, 45-44, and they never trailed again.
Danielle Parker’s two free throws cut the lead to 48-47 with 45 seconds to play, but Szecsi made a 3-pointer with 19 seconds left to seal the victory for Duquesne.
Szecsi finished with seven points.
Carra finished with 12 points and 6 rebounds for the Fightin’ Blue Hens, and Danielle Parker added 11 points and eight rebounds.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP