RICHMOND, Va. (AP)—Michelle Woods scored a career-high 20 points and No. 23 Miami picked up a 69-63 victory over Richmond Monday night in a nonconference showdown.
Woods was 6 of 12 from the field and 3 of 4 on 3-pointers. Keyona Hayes added 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Hurricanes (2-0), while Shawnice Wilson and Morgan Stroman also pulled down 11 boards each for Miami.
The Hurricanes led 36-34 at halftime, and began the second half on a 13-0 run sparked by two 3s and a fast-break layup by Woods.
Miami shot just 23 of 60 from the field, but made 19 of 21 free-throw attempts.
Richmond (1-1) was paced by Rachael Bilney, who followed a 17-point performance in last Friday’s win over Longwood with 15 points Monday. Becca Wann had 13 points for the Spiders, Kristina King had 12 points and Genevieve Okoro had eight points and 11 rebounds.
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Old Dominion 95-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women beat Utah 70-55
- No. 5 Baylor uses balanced offense to rout Cincinnati 72-34
- No. 25 Iowa women defeat Wright State 83-77