Rodgers, who shot 11 of 21 from the field, knocked down a team-high four 3-pointers and made 9 of 10 free-throw attempts.
Georgetown (2-0) trailed 30-28 at halftime but Rodgers opened the second half with two free throws and back-to-back layups to put the Hoyas ahead 34-30.
Delaware (1-1) rallied, cutting the deficit to 54-53 with 2:17 left to play behind a Lauren Carra 3-pointer, but Rodgers converted two free throws and recorded a steal and fast-break layup on the next possession to end the Blue Hens’ comeback hopes.
Rodgers scored eight of Georgetown’s last 10 points.
Delaware was without last year’s leading scorer Elena Delle Donne. Delle Donne, who also missed Delaware’s season opener, is dealing with symptoms of Lyme Disease. She is listed as day-to-day.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37