Clarke, No. 16 Vanderbilt beat McNeese State 82-71Saturday, Nov 10, 2012
Clarke, who grabbed eight rebounds, made 9-of-12 field goals and a team-high six free throws.
Vanderbilt held a 41-39 lead to begin the second half and used a 23-9 run to push that lead to 64-48 with 11:57 left to play.
McNeese State cut the deficit to eight, 70-62, with 3:31 remaining. But Clarke scored four straight points for Vanderbilt, putting the Commodores ahead by double-digits, 74-64, and the game out of reach for the Cowgirls.
Christina Foggie, who knocked down three 3-pointers in the win, finished with 18 points and Jasmine Lister sparked Vanderbilt’s offense, dishing out 10 of the Commodores’ 20 assists.
Ashlyn and Caitlyn Baggett each tallied 20 points for McNeese State but the Cowgirls committed 17 turnovers.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37