LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Lindsey Moore scored 15 points and Hailie Sample and Brandi Jeffery added 10 each to lead No. 18 Nebraska to a 68-50 victory against North Carolina A&T on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Jordan Hooper had seven points, nine rebounds and four assists for the Cornhuskers.
JaQuayla Berry and Ariel Bursey led the Aggies with nine points each. Berry had eight rebounds but shot just 3 of 12 from the floor.
Jeffery’s layup with 4:02 remaining in the first half gave Nebraska the lead for good and ignited a 13-2 run going into halftime.
North Carolina A&T got to within 51-43 in the second half, but Moore’s free throw and layup keyed a string of seven straight points that enabled the Cornhuskers to regain control.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28