No. 24 Miami rolls past North Florida, 77-24By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer Friday, Nov 9, 2012
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Michelle Woods scored 19 points, Morgan Stroman added 17 and No. 24 Miami beat North Florida 77-24 on Friday night in the season opener for both teams.
Pepper Wilson scored 10 for Miami , which won its 41st straight home game. It was the lowest point total Miami ever allowed to an NCAA opponent, beating the previous mark of 26 given up to Bethune-Cookman on Jan. 25, 1990.
The Hurricanes scored 14 unanswered points in the first half and held North Florida to only one field goal in the game’s first 10 minutes. For the game, the Ospreys shot only 14 percent (7 of 50).
Miami forced North Florida into 34 turnovers, building a 36-12 lead by halftime and a 45-15 edge four minutes into the second half.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37