CHICAGO (AP)—Brittany Hrynko scored 18 points to lead No. 25 DePaul to an 87-57 victory over Nicholls State Friday night in the Blue Demons’ season opener.
Anna Martin had 14 points and seven assists for DePaul. Katherine Harry had 11 points and nine rebounds, while Megan Podkowa added nine points and nine rebounds.
KK Babin led the Lady Colonels with 15 points. Alisha Allen scored 12 and LiAnn McCarthy and Jenny Nash scored 10 apiece.
The teams are participating in the Maggie Dixon Classic, named for the former DePaul assistant coach who went on to lead Army to its first NCAA tournament bid in 2006. She died later that year at the age of 28.
On Saturday, DePaul will play Dayton, a 93-59 winner over MVSU in Friday’s first game.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra