No. 11 Delaware women beat Sam Houston St. 63-31Saturday, Nov 10, 2012
With the Blue Hens’ offense struggling—in part due to the absence of All-American Elena Delle Donne—the defense took over in the opening round of the preseason WNIT.
Delaware held the Bearkats to just 11 total field goals and 21.6 percent shooting from the field (11 of 51) and forced 21 turnovers.
The 31 points were the least allowed by the Blue Hens since defeating Towson 66-28 on Feb. 7, 2002.
Jaquetta May had her first career double-double with 13 points and a career-high 11 rebounds.
Britni Martin led the Bearkats with 16 points.
Delle Donne, a national Player of the Year candidate, is battling the effects of Lyme Disease and her availability is listed as day-to-day.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra