Washington State defeats Oregon State 65-56Thursday, Mar 8, 2012
The 11th-seeded Cougars (12-19) advanced to play No. 3 seed Southern California in a quarterfinal contest on Thursday.
Ali Gibson had 19 points and Earlysia Marchbanks added 16 points and 11 rebounds for the sixth-seeded Beavers (18-12).
Oregon State trailed 32-27 at halftime but got within 45-44 on a free throw by Mollee Schwegler. It had three chances to take the lead, but committed two turnovers and missed a layup.
Washington State responded with an 11-3 run over the next 3:30. Noyes’ layup ended the surge, giving the Cougars a 56-47 lead with 3:35 remaining, and the Beavers got no closer than seven points afterward.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47