Late layup lifts UALR past Middle Tennessee 71-70By KURT VOIGT, AP Sports Writer Tuesday, Mar 6, 2012
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP)—Taylor Ford’s layup with 11 seconds remaining in overtime sent Arkansas-Little Rock to its third straight NCAA tournament with a 71-70 win Tuesday over Middle Tennessee in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament championship game.
The Trojans (20-12), blew a 22 point lead in the second half.
Taylor Gault led UALR with 20 points and made a jumper near the end of regulation to send it into overtime. Marian Kursh added 18 points and 16 rebounds.
UALR earned won the Sun Belt tournament last year and lost to Green Bay in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Icellyn Elie scored a career-high 29 points to lead the Blue Raiders (26-6), who have reached the NCAAs in each of the last three seasons.
- Late layup lifts UALR past Middle Tennessee 71-70
- Tennessee earns lopsided 82-64 win over No. 3 Mississippi St
- BC-BKW--ACC Tournament Pairings
- Mitchell helps Ohio State win share of Big Ten title
- Michaelis, Cunningham carry No. 24 Mizzou past Tide 65-56
- Wilson, No. 18 NC State women defeat Virginia 59-48
- No. 14 Louisville women take down Wake Forest 75-46
- Mitchell FT gives Penn State women upset of No. 25 Michigan
- ICYMI: Plum sets NCAA scoring record in unreal fashion
- Title Time: No. 7 South Carolina beats No. 22 Wildcats 95-87
- Wiese leads Oregon State past California, 71-56
- No. 8 Stanford women beat Oregon 65-59
- Greenwell sparks No. 13 Duke women 95-71 over Tar Heels
- No. 2 Maryland tops Minnesota 93-60 to clinch 1st place tie
- Burke, Canada lead No. 25 UCLA women past Arizona St 55-52
- No. 20 Syracuse women win 20th game, beat Pittsburgh 73-57