Late layup lifts UALR past Middle Tennessee 71-70By KURT VOIGT, AP Sports Writer Tuesday, Mar 6, 2012
HOT SPRINGS, Ark. (AP)—Taylor Ford’s layup with 11 seconds remaining in overtime sent Arkansas-Little Rock to its third straight NCAA tournament with a 71-70 win Tuesday over Middle Tennessee in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament championship game.
The Trojans (20-12), blew a 22 point lead in the second half.
Taylor Gault led UALR with 20 points and made a jumper near the end of regulation to send it into overtime. Marian Kursh added 18 points and 16 rebounds.
UALR earned won the Sun Belt tournament last year and lost to Green Bay in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Icellyn Elie scored a career-high 29 points to lead the Blue Raiders (26-6), who have reached the NCAAs in each of the last three seasons.
- Late layup lifts UALR past Middle Tennessee 71-70
- No. 21 Drake women win record 17th straight, clinch title
- No. 15 UCLA women beat Arizona for third straight win
- Winthrop, suspended women's hoops coach agree to 'part ways'
- UCLA to honor Ann Meyers Drysdale with court naming
- A'ja Wilson helps No. 7 South Carolina beat Texas A&M 80-64
- No. 20 Syracuse women beat Wake Forest 85-64 on senior night
- Motley's 26 rallies No. 17 Miami women past Va Tech 79-69
- No. 10 Oregon State defeats No. 8 Stanford 50-47
- Johnson leads Iowa State women in upset of No. 6 Texas
- No. 19 DePaul blasts Villanova behind Schulte in 77-50 win
- Gacmecocks' Alaina Coates 'day-to-day' with ankle sprain
- Plum, Osahor, lead No. 11 Washington past Colorado 79-46
- No. 22 Kentucky tops No. 3 Mississippi State 78-75 in OT
- No. 24 Missouri women beat Ole Miss 100-65
- No. 8 Florida State women roll to 79-48 win over Pittsburgh