Nadirah McKenith added 15 points for the Red Storm (22-8), which held Louisville to two free throws and a late 3-pointer by Shoni Schimmel in the extra period.
Schimmel had 11 of her 16 points in the first half for Louisville (22-9), and Antonita Slaughter also scored 16 for the Cardinals.
St. John’s led as many as nine in the second half, before Louisville rallied to send the game to overtime tied at 56.
St. John’s has won nine straight and ended UConn’s 99-game home winning streak on Feb. 18.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP