SEATTLE (AP)—Regina Rogers had a double-double of 22 points and 11 rebounds as the Huskies downed UCLA 67-59 on Saturday.
Washington (15-12, 7-10 Pac-12) never trailed in the second half and only trailed once in the entire game, which was early in the first half, en route to a convincing win.
The Huskies maximized their lead, 61-47, with 1:08 remaining on a 3-pointer by Jazmine Davis, who scored 18 points. The Bruins (14-14, 9-8) answered with a 3-pointer by Rebekah Gardner to get within 11, but the deficit proved to be too much to overcome and UCLA would get no closer than eight, which was also the final margin.
Markel Walker led with 20 points and Thea Lemberger added 15 for UCLA. Gardner scored 10.
Both teams shot poorly from the field, combining for a 35.6 percent clip.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71