Khadijah Rushdan added nine points and 12 rebounds for the Scarlet Knights (22-8), who will face No. 4 Connecticut in the quarterfinals on Sunday night.
Both teams struggled on offense for most of the game. Marquette built a nine-point lead and held a 22-16 halftime lead. They led 26-20 early in the second half before Rutgers finally got going behind Oliver. Her free throw and putback with 7:35 left gave Rutgers’ its first lead since early in the first half.
Marquette trailed 44-41 before Gabi Minix’s scoop shot in the lane brought the Golden Eagles within one. Oliver then made six of eight free throws in the final 3 minutes and Rutgers’ held the Golden Eagles scoreless the rest of the way.
Katherine Plouffe scored 15 points to lead Marquette (14-17).
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra