No. 22 Gonzaga women top Saint Mary’s 83-78 in WCCSaturday, Mar 3, 2012
Katelan Redmon added 20 points, Haiden Palmer 14 and Taelor Karr 11 for the top-seeded Bulldogs (26-4), who won their fifth straight and 11th in their last 12.
Gonzaga will face second-seeded BYU in Monday’s final. BYU defeated San Diego 64-46 in the other semifinal.
Jackie Nared’s 26 points paced the fourth-seeded Gaels (21-10). Danielle Mauldin had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds, while Alex Carbonel scored 13.
Neither team ever led by more than seven points, and both shot well. Gonzaga hit 48 percent (32 of 67) and Saint Mary’s 50 percent (29 of 58).
With the score tied at 70, Gonzaga took the lead for good. Karr hit a 3-pointer and Redmon and Standish converted layups for a 77-70 edge with 4:07 left.
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25