INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tayler Hill hit three 3-pointers and scored 19 points as No. 14 Ohio State held off a late charge to beat Michigan 57-48 in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten women’s tournament Friday.
Kalpana Beach scored 12 points for the second-seeded Buckeyes (25-5), who shot only 38 percent. Big Ten Player of the Year Samantha Prahalis scored 11 points but went 4 of 15 and turned it over seven times. However, her five assists made her the conference’s all-time leader.
Carmen Reynolds scored 14 points and Courtney Boylan 10 for the seventh-seeded Wolverines (20-11).
Michigan used a 10-0 run to cut the deficit to 45-39 with 7:49 left but could not close the gap.
The Buckeyes are looking for their fourth straight tournament title.
- No. 8 Mississippi State beats Mississippi Valley 109-37
- Santa Clara women stun No. 13 Stanford 61-58
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- DeShields helps No. 4 Tennessee outlast Chattanooga 59-57
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at 25
- Bulgak scores career-high 26 as No. 6 Florida St. beats UAB
- Mitchell fuels late run, No. 2 South Carolina beats UCLA
- No. 5 Baylor beats DePaul to win WNIT; Davis named MVP
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Morgan State 90-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 9 Oregon State beats UC Riverside 86-65
- No. 21 California women use 3-pointers to top Cal Poly 82-57
- Alston helps Ohio State women beat Wagner 106-47