No. 15 Georgia Tech women edge UNC 54-53 in ACCsFriday, Mar 2, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Tyaunna Marshall scored 21 points and had the go-ahead basket with 1:35 left to help No. 15 Georgia Tech beat North Carolina 54-53 in the Atlantic Coast Conference quarterfinals Friday.
Mo Bennett and Metra Walthour each scored 11 for the fourth-seeded Yellow Jackets (23-7), who held on when Brittany Rountree’s long 3-pointer for the win bounced off the front of the rim at the horn.
She’la White scored 13 points for the fifth-seeded Tar Heels (20-11), who lost twice to Georgia Tech this month by a combined three points. North Carolina rallied from seven down to go up four with about 4 minutes left and set up a back-and-forth finish.
UNC’s Chay Shegog hit a jumper for a 53-52 with 2:06 left before Marshall answered on the ensuing possession.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra