SPOKANE, Wash. (AP)—No. 25 Gonzaga clinched its eighth straight West Coast Conference regular-season title and avenged a 30-point loss to BYU with a 77-60 victory over the Cougars on Saturday.
Katelan Redmon had 28 points and seven rebounds for Gonzaga (25-4, 14-2 West Coast), which shot 49 percent from the floor. In a 70-40 loss to BYU on Feb. 9, the Bulldogs shot just 22 percent while scoring their fewest points in 11 years.
Kayla Standish added 15 points and Taelor Karr had 11 points and six assists.
Haley Steed had 17 points, Lexi Eaton 13 and Kristen Riley 11 for BYU (23-6, 11-4), which will carry the No. 2 seed into next week’s conference tournament. The top two seeds get byes into the semifinals.
Gonzaga led 29-27 at halftime and pulled away when Redmon and Standish combined to score 14 straight points during a 16-0 run that put the Bulldogs ahead 48-31 with 13:31 remaining.
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty