CHICAGO (AP)—Rachel Coffey and Carmen Tyson-Thomas scored 22 points apiece to lead Syracuse to an 81-65 victory over No. 21 DePaul Tuesday night.
Coffey, a sophomore, reached career highs in points, as well as eight rebounds, seven assists and six 3-pointers. Tyson-Thomas, a junior, had a career-high 15 rebounds.
Kayla Alexander finished with 17 points and Elashier Hall contributed 15 for the Orange (17-11, 6-8 Big East), whose 23-0 run beginning early in the second half turned a two-point deficit into a runaway.
Anna Martin led the Blue Demons (20-8, 9-6) with 18 points. Jasmine Penny had 16 points and nine rebounds for DePaul, which had won three in a row.
- Freshman Smith is Stanford's first international recruit
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat Eastern Washington 74-70
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78
- No. 15 Duke women defeat Idaho 74-68 in Cancun Challenge
- No. 8 Texas has easy time with Hampton, 79-52
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67
- No. 14 Florida State women trounce North Florida 80-28