AMHERST, Mass. (AP)—Megan Van Tatenhove and Armelia Horton scored 17 points each and No. 25 St. Bonaventure tied a school single-season record for wins with a 69-54 victory over Massachusetts on Wednesday night.
The Bonnies (23-2, 10-0 Atlantic 10), who entered the Top 25 for the first time ever this week, also set regular-season records with their 12th straight win and their 11th consecutive victory on the road without a loss, the best road mark in the nation. Van Tatenhove also had a game-high 10 rebounds.
Massachusetts (6-18, 1-8) was led by Shakia Robinson with 19 points and seven rebounds.
St. Bonaventure never trailed and went ahead 30-14 before Massachusetts cut the lead to 38-35. It was 51-45 with seven minutes left but the Bonnies went on an 18-5 run that opened a 69-50 lead with just under a minute remaining.
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75