Rodgers leads No. 14 Hoyas women past Seton HallWednesday, Feb 8, 2012
Sydney Wilson had nine points and nine rebounds for the Hoyas (19-5, 8-3 Big East), who have won six of seven and defeated the Pirates for the third consecutive time—although it wasn’t easy against one of the Big East’s two winless teams in conference play.
The Hoyas never trailed and led by as many as 16 points in both halves, but couldn’t put the Pirates away.
Seton Hall’s Jasmine Crew was fouled on a 3-pointer and made all three free throws with 2 minutes, 48 seconds remaining to cut Georgetown’s lead to 50-44. Crew set the school’s single season record for free throws made in her career with 135.
Georgetown iced the game with six free throws in the final 2 minutes.
Crew scored 20 points for the Pirates (7-18, 0-11), who lost their 13th consecutive game to match the program’s worst losing streak from the 1984-85 season.
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal
- No. 22 Louisville women pull away to beat Marist 65-53
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT
- Defense helps No. 4 Lady Vols outlast Albany 63-55
- No. 13 Stanford women cruise past Missouri State 82-65
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty
- No. 3 Irish use balanced effort to rout Denver 94-52
- Chidom leads No. 15 Duke women to 86-48 win over Iowa State
- Bulgak helps No. 14 Florida State beat LIU 78-42
- Wiese and Weisner lead No. 7 Oregon State in rout of Hofstra