Laura Broomfield (20 points and 18 rebounds) and Chay Shegog (19 points, 10 rebounds) both had double-doubles, and Candace Wood added 10 points for the Tar Heels (16-5, 6-2 Atlantic Coast Conference), who won their fourth straight despite trailing by four points with four minutes remaining.
Lakevia Boykin had 21 points, Chelsea Douglas added 13 and Secily Ray 11 for the Demon Deacons (12-9, 2-6), who scored the game’s first eight points and led 65-60 on Boykin’s layup with 4:07 left.
However, Broomfield hit a layup, followed by Ruffin-Pratt’s three-point play to tie the game with 2:55 left. Ruffin-Pratt then hit another layup with 2:06 remaining to put North Carolina ahead 67-65.
Shegog’s three-point play extended the Tar Heels’ lead to 70-65, and Wake Forest would pull no closer than two points the rest of the way.
- Balance lifts No. 17 Oklahoma by W. Illinois 97-80
- Achonwa leads No. 4 Irish women past No. 10 PSU
- No. 7 Cardinals G Slaughter remains hospitalized
- No. 7 Louisville women rout Missouri St 91-49
- No. 23 Texas A&M rolls over San Diego St 72-35
- No. 13 LSU defeats Indiana State 83-66
- Mitchell, No. 12 S. Carolina whip NC Central 79-27
- UConn women remain No. 1 in AP basketball poll
- No. 8 Maryland women beat Ohio State 67-55
- No. 18 UNC topples No. 15 Nebraska 75-62
- Louisville's Slaughter having tests at hospital
- Sims leads No. 9 Baylor women to 113-73 win
- Louisville player collapses, taken to hospital
- No. 24 Gonzaga's balance crushes Fairfield 82-42
- 5 things to know about the women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five