Laura Broomfield (20 points and 18 rebounds) and Chay Shegog (19 points, 10 rebounds) both had double-doubles, and Candace Wood added 10 points for the Tar Heels (16-5, 6-2 Atlantic Coast Conference), who won their fourth straight despite trailing by four points with four minutes remaining.
Lakevia Boykin had 21 points, Chelsea Douglas added 13 and Secily Ray 11 for the Demon Deacons (12-9, 2-6), who scored the game’s first eight points and led 65-60 on Boykin’s layup with 4:07 left.
However, Broomfield hit a layup, followed by Ruffin-Pratt’s three-point play to tie the game with 2:55 left. Ruffin-Pratt then hit another layup with 2:06 remaining to put North Carolina ahead 67-65.
Shegog’s three-point play extended the Tar Heels’ lead to 70-65, and Wake Forest would pull no closer than two points the rest of the way.
- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31
- POLL ALERT: UConn unanimous No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll; Seton Hall, DePaul, UCLA in
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49
- UConn remains No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49