FAIRBORN, Ohio (AP)—Julie Wojta had 22 points and a career-high 17 rebounds as No. 14 Wisconsin-Green Bay tied a school record with its 34th straight regular-season victory, defeating Wright State 68-50 Thursday night in the Horizon League.
Green Bay (14-0, 4-0) broke the game open with an 18-2 run in the first half and forced the Raiders (11-6, 4-1) into 31 turnovers. The Phoenix, which have won 30 straight regular-season league games, has forced an average of 26.6 turnovers this season.
Wright State, which trailed 39-23 at halftime, pulled to 52-38 with 7:24 left. Green Bay countered with consecutive 3-pointers by Adrian Ritchie and Sarah Eichler to spark a 10-2 run.
Ritchie added 19 points for Green Bay and Eichler scored 11.
Point guard Kim Demmings scored 18 points to lead Wright State but committed nine turnovers. Molly Fox added 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Raiders, who had won four straight.
- Wojta helps keep Wis.-Green Bay unbeaten
- No. 3 Baylor women roll past Texas State 90-24
- No. 14 Miami women beat winless Loyola of Chicago 81-43
- All in the family: Duke coach to face her own daughter
- No. 16 DePaul women rout Prairie View A&M 94-62
- UConn new No. 1 in AP women's basketball poll, passing Irish
- AP NewsAlert
- ICYMI: Louisville coach Jeff Walz goes on epic postgame rant
- No. 2 Notre Dame women eager to face top-ranked Connecticut
- No. 4 Maryland cruises past Towson 97-63
- UConn women hoops get reality show on HBO
- No. 25 Virginia Tech women beat Gardner-Webb 76-42
- No. 16 DePaul women beat Prairie View 94-62
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Duke to retire Elizabeth Williams' No. 1 jersey
- Monique Billings helps No. 10 UCLA rout Hawaii 72-49