No. 20 Delaware beats UNC-Wilmington, 69-37Thursday, Jan 12, 2012
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Elena Delle Donne scored 23 points to lead No. 20 Delaware to a 69-37 win over UNC-Wilmington on Thursday night.
Delle Donne, the country’s leading scorer at 30.3 points per game, had 14 points in the first half as the Blue Hens (13-1 overall, 4-0) built a 36-20 lead by intermission. Delle Donne has scored 100 points in Delaware’s three-game winning streak.
The 6-foot-5 junior hit 10 of 21 shots from the floor. She also had five assists and five rebounds.
The Hens scored the game’s first seven points and never trailed.
The point total for the Seahawks ( 8-7, 1-3) was their lowest of the season. UNC-Wilmington shot 24.1 percent in the contest (14 of 58).
Lauren Carra added 12 points for Delaware while Jocelyn Bailey had six points and nine rebounds.
Abria Trice and Karneshia Garrett had eight points each to lead the Seahawks.
- Mitchell matches Ohio State women's record with 42 points
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71
- No. 14 Florida State women beat Sam Houston State 94-37
- Disterhoft leads No. 25 Iowa women to 64-50 win over Houston
- Wilson lifts No. 2 South Carolina past No. 16 Arizona State
- No. 8 Mississippi St cruises past Norfolk State, 92-34
- No. 20 Michigan State women cruise past Cincinnati 103-63
- Smith leads No. 13 Stanford women past Dayton 74-66
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas
- No. 1 UConn earns 40th consecutive win, 88-46 over Nebraska
- No. 15 Duke women roll over Texas State 85-34 in Cancun
- No. 23 Syracuse women hold off Washington, 66-62
- Lyon leads No. 19 Northwestern women past Creighton, 75-52
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland hold off South Dakota St 62-55
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal