No. 21 DePaul women top Southern Illinois, 93-67Thursday, Dec 22, 2011
The win was the ninth in 10 games for DePaul (12-2) and 26th straight at McGrath-Phillips Arena.
Jasmine Penny scored 15 points, Brittany Hrynko had 14, Kelsey Reynolds had 12, and Katherine Harry added 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Blue Demons, who lead the series 9-3.
Teri Oliver scored 25 points and Cartaesha Macklin added 18 for Southern Illinois (3-7), which has lost five of its last six.
DePaul never trailed, opening a 13-2 lead just 2:53 into the game and taking a 51-18 advantage at halftime. Their biggest lead was at 62-26 with 17:23 remaining in the game.
The Blue Demons held a 40-34 rebounding edge and outscored the Salukis in the paint (44-14), off turnovers (33-16) and on second chances (15-5).
- Thomas dominant as No. 8 Maryland women rout Siena
- UConn women remain No. 1 in AP Poll
- No. 2 Duke women beat No. 17 Oklahoma 94-85
- No. 20 Iowa State turns back CS Fullerton 79-52
- No. 3 Lady Vols pull away from Texas 75-61
- No. 12 South Carolina rolls past Charlotte 76-61
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Wright State 99-40
- Balance lifts No. 11 Colorado past Illinois 79-56
- 5 things to know about the women's hoops poll
- The Women's Top Twenty Five
- Hooper, No. 15 Nebraska beat Utah St. 95-75
- Lucas leads Penn State women past Georgetown
- No. 16 Purdue overpowers IPFW in 91-70 win
- No. 24 Gonzaga hangs on to beat Ohio State 59-58
- No. 23 Texas A&M holds off Washington 74-68
- Broken sprinkler, fire alarm delay CU-Illinois