Fussell leads No. 24 Texas women over Arkansas-PBWednesday, Dec 14, 2011
AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Chassidy Fussell scored 14 of her 22 points in the first half and No. 24 Texas rolled to a 79-40 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Wednesday.
Fussell was 8 of 12 shooting and had three 3-pointers. Yvonne Anderson scored 14 and Cokie Reed and Ashleigh Fontenette each had 10 for Texas (7-2).
Chigozianyi Okwumabua led Arkansas-Pine Bluff (0-8) with 10 points. The Golden Lions were playing their second ranked opponent in four days after losing at No. 8 Kentucky on Dec. 11.
Kayla Brewer debuted for Texas on Wednesday. The transfer from South Carolina scored five points in 15 minutes.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff connected on 6 of 29 shots in the first half and Texas led 41-17 at intermission.
- Fussell leads No. 24 Texas women over Arkansas-PB
- William, Mississippi State women earn 1st Final Four berth
- Florida State, South Carolina like to scrimmage in preseason
- Tipping Off: No. 10 Oregon joins top teams in Elite Eight
- Upstart Oregon faces major challenge against UConn
- Top-seeded South Carolina overwhelms upset-minded Quinnipiac
- Notre Dame, Stanford meet for 3rd straight year in NCAA
- Freshmen lead 10th-seeded Oregon to 77-63 upset of Maryland
- Tipping Off: Second half of Final Four field to be decided
- Stanford rallies, edges Notre Dame 76-75 to reach Final Four
- Oregon needs monumental upset to reach Final Four
- South Carolina braces for Florida State
- Florida State brings its defense to defeat Oregon State
- UConn advances to regional final with 86-71 win over UCLA
- Maryland team inspired by 7-year-old with muscular dystrophy
- Post matchup could decide Baylor-Mississippi St winner